"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day #21, January 14, 2010
Ganirelix injection
(125 mcg half dose in the AM)
Dexamethasone tablet
(1 tablet in the AM)
Folic acid supplement
Prenatal vitamin
E2V (Estradiol) suppository
Follistim injection
(375 units (change in dose) in the PM)
*New* Menopur injection
(mix 1 cc sodium chloride w/Menopur powder/inject all of solution subQ)



I skipped a day of posting. Gotta hate it when that happens. The good news is that I've not skipped days that often. After working a full day yesterday, going out to eat last night, and choir practice, I was way too tired by the time all of that was over to care about the blog. I missed it. It's amazing how many people have told me they're keeping up with us by reading it daily. We are so thankful for all of our caring friends and family.

I told Keith tonight he should do the posting for today. He declined because as he said, if he posted, it would go something like this: Amy took her shots today. They hurt. They're over for today. Goodbye.
It's been another very, very long day. I worked until 6:45 tonight, and Keith wanted to go out for dinner again tonight after I got home.
The girls both had spa days yesterday. Baths and nails. They look and smell great. They also went to the vet for their annual check and shots. Molly has tonsilitis again. She has always had an issue with swollen tonsils, especially in the winter months. Dr. Ralston prescribed her two weeks of antibiotics to get the swelling down, then we are to call back to make an appointment to have her tonsils taken out. She'll have to be asleep for the surgery, but he assured us it is a minor surgery that she should recover from quickly. Other than that, they are perfectly healthy, weighing in at 11.5 lbs (Maggie) and 8.5 lbs (Molly.)
We've decided to leave them home next week. Mom said she would take excellent care of them and even spend the night over here while we're away. I'm glad because I hate the thought of them being by themselves all night every night for so long. Mom and Mike decided they are coming to down to Dallas the day of egg retrieval. I am thrilled about that! Speaking of Dallas, our trip isn't far off now! I am so excited. My stomach has felt bloated today to the point of wishing I didn't have to wear pants. Being that I'm at work though, I don't have much of a choice. I wore a dress yesterday and just about froze. This is what we're hoping my ovaries are starting to look like. We are praying for lots of follicles because follicles house the eggs....


The new injection went well tonight. The most complicated injection by far, there were two different vials of medication to mix. I was glad when it was over. My stomach is starting to show signs of bruising in just about every spot there is to stick, and each injection gets alittle more painful by the day.

The mother hen is turning in for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment