"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Friday, January 15, 2010

Day #22, January 15, 2010
Ganirelix injection
(125 mcg half dose in the AM)
Dexamethasone tablet
(1 tablet in the AM)
Folic acid supplement
Prenatal vitamin
E2V (Estriadiol) suppository (in the PM before bedtime
Follistim injection
(375 units in the PM)
Menopur injection
(1 vial in the PM)



This list of medication is officially long! Wow, this month has flown by! I can't believe in two days, we'll be on our way to Dallas for monitoring. Our first appointment is at 11:00 Monday morning. Keith works Sunday night, which means he'll make it home from work at 3:30 AM Monday morning. We've decided instead of him going to bed when he gets home, we're hitting the road. I'll be driving while he sleeps. Otherwise, with the way Keith sleeps, we'd never make it to Dallas on time because I wouldn't be able to wake him up when it's time to leave. It'll be nice getting out of town early. Hopefully that way, we can make it to Dallas in time to get checked into our room before our appointment.


As I've said many times before, we are looking forward to next week. The time together will be good for us. We've been studying up on economical things to do while we're there that won't break our bank. Our room has a full kitchen, so we'll be packing groceries, which is something completely out of norm for me. Going out of town to cook? And eat cereal for breakfast? I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to like that, but I'll live. Keith asked me tonight if I'd be interested in doing some geocaching while we're there. And of course I said YES. It's been so long since we've been able to go, so I'm planning on having my geocaching bag stocked and ready tomorrow to take with us next week.


One particular place we're looking forward to visiting while we're in Dallas is Dave and Busters. Oh, how I love that place. For someone like me who could stand in front of a big clear plastic box of 20 cent stuffed animals and a hook, while feeding money into it for hours, Dave and Busters is a lovely place to be. It's like a Chucky Cheese for grown-ups. Video games, hook machines, quarter machines, ski ball......Ahhhhhh!!! Pure and unadulterated bliss!!! I can thank Kristal from work for telling me about that place. Bless her heart, she still hasn't made it there yet!


Today turned into a very interesting day. After yesterday, anything would've been an improvement. Not that yesterday was that bad, but I guess I could say I was burdened. Work ended stressfully. I ate way too much. I was unusually weepy and sleepy and just wanted to be home in my pajamas most of the day. A co-worker and I attended a meeting this morning that ended very well and made us both feel like the work we do everyday actually has meaning. Some days, I wonder. But today, it mattered. We both knew it, and it felt great. It's amazing how a so-so blah day like yesterday could turn itself into the next, and end up showing a completely different face. I left work today at 1:30 to get my hair done, then went back tonight from 7:00 til 9:30. I'm doing my best to stay on top of work since I'll be out indefinitely next week. I'm tired and about to find me a "Play Now" movie on Netflix to watch and hopefully fall asleep to.

No comments:

Post a Comment