"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day#6, December 30, 2009
Lupron injection
(5 units in the AM) -CHANGE IN DOSE
Dexamethasone tablet (steroid)
(1 tablet in the AM)
Prenatal vitamin
Folic Acid supplement
**dis-continue Royal Jelly and BCP **

Today started off nerve racked. At 6:30 this morning after I completed my daily "StickFest," I realized I was looking at Tuesday instead of Wednesday. According to the calendar, I was to decrease my Lupron injection to 5 units today, which I was more than well aware of this morning, as I was more than well aware of it this time last night too. I guess I must've slept way too good last night and forgot what day to look at. Anyway, after a moment of panic, I calmed myself down and e-mailed my nurse at the clinic. Thankfully, she responded quickly and assured me I was not a lost cause and to just make sure I only do 5 units tomorrow. I've now marked thru each completed day on that calendar so I hopefully don't get confused anymore. I also asked my nurse, Titi (which is pronounced "Tee Tee!!!") about the Royal Jelly supplement I've been taking and whether or not to continue taking it. She said there is no proof that it increases egg quality. So, in an effort to stay completely on protocol, I'm not going to take it anymore. She also approved a celebratory beverage to ring in the new year if I so choose. Goodbye 2009, hello 2010! I've decided next year, I'm going to eliminate the word "thousand" when saying the year. Instead of saying, for instance, "Friday is January first, two thousand ten"; I will instead say "Friday is January first, TWENTY ten." Fewer syllables, and it sounds like a Sci-Fi movie.

Still no major side effects happening. Just hungry and unsatisfied with everything I eat. We went to eat at Papa Poblanos tonight. I usually barely touch the beans and rice. Tonight was another story. Once I finally put down my fork, K said "I think you've missed one bite of beans." I replied. Not with words, but by scooping up the last bite w/a chip. MMMM, it was good!

2 comments:

  1. Girl I can SO relate! My pharmacy gave me the wrong needle once for an IUI cycle. It was 10:30 at night...I PANICED!! Turns out in my case it was VERY important that it be an IM needle and they had given me the other one. Let's just say I could've probably sued the pants off of the pharmacy. I kept the email I sent to the corporate office...I'll send it to you since I know you'll understand what I was going through.

    I'm so sorry you aren't sleeping well. On top of all the stress I know that is only making it harder. Just remember that when that baby gets here you won't be sleeping much anyway so this is PRACTICE!! ;)

    Oh, and, last but not least, I totally approve of your use of "Twenty Ten" as opposed to the word "Thousand"!! LOL

    Hugs!
    Kandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing! Hugs and prayers as you and Keith go through this! You will have a sweet baby before you know it!

    Barbi

    ReplyDelete