"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Friday, January 1, 2010

*~*HAPPY TWENTY TEN!*~*

Day #7, December 31, 2009
Lupron Injection (LAST DAY!)
(5 units in the AM)
Dexamethasone tablet
(1 tablet in the AM)
Prenatal vitamin
Folic Acid Supplement

Day #8, January 1, 2010
*NEW* Ganirelix Injection (possible side effects: skin rash, itching, breathing problems, nausea, pelvic pain, headache, hot flash, bloating)
(125 mcg half dose in the AM)
Dexamethasone tablet
(1 tablet in the AM)
Prenatal vitamin
Folic Acid Supplement

I failed to post yesterday, so it's two days in one today! No real news about yesterday. I must say that last night at Applebees was the first time in a week I haven't cleaned my plate and could actually say "i'm full." I hope maybe I'm finally getting adjusted to the steroid.

Today is New Years Day. I began the Ganirelix Injection this morning. The medication comes in a pre-filled syringe. After searching thru about ten bags of needles, I finally figured out which needle to use. I discovered that each syringe is filled to 0.6 ml instead of 0.5, and each one comes complete with a huge air bubble. Lovely, should I inject the air or do I expel the air? I called the on-call number for my clinic, and Heather called me back immediately and said it really didn't matter since the injection is given subQ (in my tummy) but to go ahead and push the syringe up until the air bubble goes away. So all is well. I'm going to go thru the rest of these drugs this afternoon and pair them up with my instructions and my needles so I won't have to deal with this every time I start a new medication. It's quite frustrating standing in the kitchen w/my hair all over my head in my pajamas early in the morning trying to figure this kind of stuff out, all while thinking of what the monumental effects could be if I screwed something up.

Only two more days until Dallas. We're thinking of going down the day before and spending the night, partly so we won't have to get up so early on Monday to make it to our 10:45 appointment, and partly because I'd like to do alittle shopping. Sam Moon!!! We officially have two hotel reservations made....at the Clarion and at Studio 6. We're going on Monday to tour both and see which one we like the best. The Clarion is $440/6 nights. The Studio 6 is $220/week and has a full kitchen. I'm not feeling too cozy about why the rate is so cheap at Studio 6, but I guess I'll see Monday. K is all about the cheaper part. I just want a comfortable and clean bed, and $220 a week doesn't sound like we'll get either. We saw the Studio 6 from the interstate on our last trip, and it looked newly renovated and relatively decent, but I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment