"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Post-Retrieval Day #3 (ONLY ONE MORE DAY TIL TRANSFER)
Dexamethasone tablet
(1 tablet in the AM)
Prenatal Vitamin
Folic acid supplement
E2V (Estriadiol) Suppository (in the PM before bedtime)
Progesterone injection (in the PM)

Dr. Saleh e-mailed me great news this morning about our embryos. They are still growing! And they are of "average" quality. Whatever. They are perfect. Keith says we will not say average. They are exceptional. They are miracles. And they are perfect.


The doctor's e-mail read "The embryos are still growing and are of average quality. We will know more in a couple of days. Hoping for the best." He also printscreened an embryology report in his e-mail. The chart looked something like this (only in rows and columns):

Day 3
Grade 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >10
I
II
III
TOTAL

The number "2" was in the 6 column and II row. So what does this mean?

I did some research on blastocysts after this e-mail. Amazingly, I recognized some of the terminology from high school biology class. Upon conception, an embryo is one-celled. After 12 - 15 hours, it splits into two. After another 12- 15 hours it doubles yet again into four. Going by these guidelines, if my embies are at 6 cells on Day 3, they are normal.

I read tonight on some discussion boards that eating pineapple, either fresh or canned, and walnuts between retrieval day and transfer day may help increase the chance of implantation. It just so happens, I've been eating fresh pineapple all week. Yay for me. I plan on buying another tomorrow and stock up on the walnuts. I've also read that getting a massage on the day before or the day of transfer is recommended. My cousin, Amanda, e-mailed me an outline of different Dallas activities to consider during our trip Thursday, and one of them was a massage. I do believe I'll call tomorrow. Hopefully, I can schedule a short-notice appointment.

I'm planning on calling the clinic tomorrow to check on the embies. I'm sure the staff is sick of me by now, but I don't care.

I found a picture online of what a Day 3 embryo looks like. This happens to be an 8 cell.


No comments:

Post a Comment