"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Saturday, January 9, 2010

a good day

Day #16, January 9, 2010
Ganirelix injection
(125 mcg half dose in the AM)
Dexamethasone tablet
(1 tablet in the AM)
Folic Acid supplement
Prenatal Vitamin

Here we are on Day #16 of our IVF cycle. I can't believe that we're over the half way mark. The days are flying by! One more week and we'll be gearing up for our week in The Big D. It took me three tries to take my shot this morning. I certainly hope the pharmacy sent extras because I botched two pre-filled syringes trying to get the stupid air bubble out.

I've been in the best mood today. I slept til 8:30 and was able to have about an hour of quiet time before the boys woke up. I cooked once they were up, and we talked over breakfast about what we wanted to do with our day. Keith decided he would work on the kitchen backsplash. I wanted to work outside, but it was just too dang cold. Keith and Josh got dressed and hit the road to Home Depot for a few last minute things Keith needed for the backsplash. Instead of going with them, I cleaned house. I even vaccuumed underneath the couch cushions. By the time they made it back, the house was spotless, and laundry was well under way. Since Keith was devoting his time to a house project, I decided to caulk the bathroom walls, baseboards, and ceiling. I worked on it for about two hours and didn't make a whole lot of progress. Keith ended up needing the caulking gun for the glue, so my project came to a hault.

Mom called about 6:30 tonight saying that her neighbor called about a pipe freezing under her house. The pipe burst, and water was flowing. She and her two daughters were home alone. Keith stopped his work and immediately went next door to turn off the water and try to fix the pipe. Once he realized he didn't have what he needed to complete the job, he made his second trip to Home Depot today, came back and made the repairs. As he said, we may need some extra help one of these days. It's always good to make friends with your neighbors. And I'm blessed and thankful to be married to a kind-hearted man. While he was away, I decided to fire up the charcoal grill, which was quite interesting, since I've never lit a charcoal grill. The fact that it was dark and 20 degrees outside only added to the drama. I grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, and baked some potatoes. To his pleasant surprise, he had a hot meal waiting for him after his good deed was done.

Now, we're watching a movie on TNT. Keith finally thawed out after a hot shower. The one tiny section of installed backsplash looks exceptionally wonderful. It's been a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment