"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Big D Big Week is here.

Day #24, January 17, 2010
Ganirelix injection
(125 mcg half dose in the AM)
Dexamethasone tablet
(1 tablet in the AM)
Prenatal vitamin
Folic acid supplement
E2v (Estriadiol) suppository in the PM before bedtime
Follistim injection
(375 units in the PM)
Menopur injection
(1 vial in the PM)



Our first main week of IVF fun has arrived. In less than ten hours, we'll be on our way to Dallas for an unknown amount of time, preparing for monitoring and egg retrieval. IVF meds are boxed and ready to be iced down. Laundry detergent and groceries are sacked up and ready to go. Both suitcases are packed full. Keith is working tonight and will be home just in time to hit the road at 4:00 in the morning.


Some have asked if I'll be posting updates this week. I'll be packing up my laptop once I finish up the blog for tonight and will post here and Facebook each day. As of now, I have no idea how next week will go. The one thing I DO know for sure is our appointment is at 11:15 tomorrow. Other than that, I have no idea what is to come. But, here is a brief breakdown of the possibilities. One of these scenerios is guaranteed to happen tomorrow, this I know....



1. At our appointment tomorrow, Dr. S could say "you're ready for retrieval in the morning."

2. At our appointment tomorrow, Dr. S could say "looking great, but you're not ready for retrieval. We'll check again tomorrow." (and possibly the next day and the next day and the next day, etc. etc. etc.)



And there is always a possibility dreaded #3 could happen.....

3. At our appointment tomorrow, Dr. S could say "hmmmmmmmm......not seeing anything happening....not good."

It would be great knowing exactly what to expect. But the truth is, we don't. We can only do what we've been doing....pray and hope and hope and pray that I am responding well to the meds, and my body is reacting exactly the way it should.



Ok, enough about the "what-ifs." Here are few of my latest favorite food finds....

I'm not one for canned soups, but I like Campbell's Healthy Selects, particularly the Savory Sausage and Vegetables. I recommend a grilled cheese on the side. This soup doesn't taste the least bit like a can, and the vegetables taste fresh. Josh and Keith even ate a bowl of this soup for lunch last Saturday and liked it. THAT says alot.



I am also not a big fan of applesauce, but I'm always looking for healthy and easy snacks to pack for work. I discovered Mott's Mango Peach Applesauce last week. Oh yum. It's probably the mango peach part of it that tastes so good to me. The best part are the individual servings that fit great in my insulated lunch bag. I could eat two at a time, but I wouldn't recommend that considering the sugar content is way up there at 21 grams per serving.



I love my morning coffee. Murphy Oil coffee seems to be getting worse by the day. Just when I think it can't get worse, it does. It's to the point now where I simply do not believe it's coffee but more like a diluted brown water mixture of some sort. It doesn't even smell good. I would love to be able to bring my own personal coffee pot for my cubicle, but since I can't, I've been bringing my own BIG cup of coffee from home. Making coffee at home is an inconvenience. Cleaning the filter is messy, I tend to forget to clean the pot, and I just about always forget to set the automatic timer the night before (usually because I forget to clean it.) This means I must take time in the mornings to wash the pot and make my coffee. But like the trooper I am, I do it anyway....and this wonderful product makes it well worth the effort: International Delight Coffee Creamer. It comes in the most spectacular flavors, including White Chocolate Mocha, Vanilla Latte, and Caramel Macchiato (my personal favorite.) It's sheer delight in a cup. I've been trying to figure out a way to take my creamer with me to Dallas. I've decided I'll be stopping by a grocery store once we're settled because I don't desire to spend one day without it.



Tomorrow's blog posting will be from our hotel room in Dallas. I'm signing out from Parkers Chapel Road. As Keith said this morning, "we're gonna go make us some babies!"

Thank you all for your unending thoughts and prayers for us. Please keep them coming. We are prepared for whatever the Lord has planned for us. The events of this week will surely set the stage for what is yet to come....

(*)~*(Sticky Happy and Blessed Baby Vibes for us this week(~(*(~)*)

No comments:

Post a Comment