"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Saturday, December 26, 2009

As I write this on the Saturday morning after Christmas Day, I'm wondering if the next month of mornings and nights will be spent like this one. Awake.

We officially started our first cycle of IVF yesterday. Being that we have many friends and family who are concerned and interested about our little adventure, I thought now would be a great time to start a family blog. This blog will not only be a way to keep those who care informed, but it will also serve as way for us to record each step if we ever care to look back.

Day#1, December 25, 2009
Lupron injection
(10 units in the AM, possible side effects include menopausal symptoms, headaches, moodiness, hot flashes)
Dexamethasone
(1 tablet in the AM, possible side effects include insomnia.)
BCP and prenatal vitamin in the PM

We started the day off great at Mom's house with Christmas breakfast. Mike cooked pancakes, bacon, and pigs-in-a-blanket. Yum. The girls enjoyed those very much! We were fortunate to have Josh with us for Christmas this year.

I felt generally good all day....sluggish and weird after noon. Not sure if that was because of the pancakes or the Lupron. Either way, I napped. Keith got called in last night to work the day shift today, so we went to bed early last night @ 8:00. I've been up since 1:00 AM. Keith just left. It's 3:20 AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment