"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Tuesday, May 8, 2012

He is changing.

It is hard for me to believe Connor will be three months old tomorrow.  Time needs to slow down just a touch!  I went back to work last Monday.  Boo!!!  But, I couldn't be more blessed with my Mom keeping him each day.  They are both enjoying their time together during the day.  But, oh, how I miss him.

Connor, you are my dreams come true.  You are more precious to me than the air I breathe. 



You are growing  fast!  I love watching each day unfold with something new you discover in your world.  Just yesterday, you discovered you can touch your cheek and eye with your hand.  You enjoy your bottle about every three hours.  It took us a bit to get your formula right, but we got lucky after two tries.  En famil seemed to give you acid reflux, so we switched to Sim ilac.  And you've had no problems on it.  Sometimes we would give you a dose of gripe water to help you relax if you seemed to have alittle reflux, and it worked wonders!  Sometimes figuring out was is wrong is a challenge for your Mommy.  Thank you for always being patient with me.

You weighed 12.5 pounds at your last check-up.  You had your two month shots and were a trooper!  You didn't cry much or run fever afterwards.  Last night was the second night in a row that you've slept through the night from 10 - 5.  We had some pretty long nights together during your first two and a half months.  I think you were afraid of missing something.  Sleep was actually quite rare around here.  Mommy tried to nap when you did, but you didn't nap a whole lot.  Some mornings, you were as exhausted as Mommy, but we still enjoyed our day together!  And those slumber party all-nighters we shared together were really okay.  They meant more time with you.  Your Granna would help me some mornings.  She would come pick you up early so Mommy could get just a couple of hours of sleep.  That really helped a lot.  We love her so much!  I was home with you for the first 12 weeks of your sweet life.  Those weeks were the best weeks of my life. 

Beginning when you were about two months old, we started adding a small amount of rice cereal to your night-time bottle.  Your doctor recommended we try it to see if you would sleep longer at night.  We didn't notice much of a difference, but you really enjoy your nightly bottle of cereal, so we have continued it each night. 

You really get a kick out of your mobiles, both at home and at Granna's.  You also are attracted to any type of emblem or pattern on clothes.  You favorite thing in the world is to be held and rocked.  You've never cared much for a pacifier, but there are times when you want to relax and enjoy it.  When you get upset, a pacifier is the last thing you want.  You do not enjoy your car seat.  I think it's because you get tired of it and don't understand why no one will pick you up out of it.  It breaks my heart for you to get so upset.  There is no consoling you when you get angry in the car. Your head gets wet with sweat, and your clothes get damp with one of your fits.  I can tell your feelings are hurt when I am finally able to get you out of it.  I hope you grow to enjoy your car seat soon, as it will be a part of your life for awhile.

Your hair is strawberry blond (more red in some light,) and you have blue eyes.  You move your hands a lot and have since the day you were born.  The bright light outside hurts your eyes, but I've noticed you are getting used to it.  You are starting to enjoy being outside.  You are noticing things and trying to reach for things that interest you.  You like your changing table and do alot of smiling there!

You're holding your head up on your own now, so we will be trying you on food soon! 

Love you to the moon and back!
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment