"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11



Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A New Look

Hello again, great Blog friends.....if you're still out there! Oh how I've missed you!

I've been absent for so long, so I thought it was time for a new look and a new title. I'm still adjusting to my role as the other mother. I went to sleep childless one night. I woke up and realized I have a 13 year old boy to raise. I didn't give birth to him, but I'm waking him up in the mornings, taxi-cabbing him to school, making sure he brushes his teeth, and trying to keep his belly full. How did this happen? My life has taken a complete turnaround, and it all happened so fast! The past few months haven't been easy ones. But, I am having a blast.

J is a complete reflection of his father, who lights up my life. I'm learning alot about myself. I long for J to take pride in his schoolwork. I want him to crave good grades and strive for excellence. He's just not all that into it. He could ace a science test with his eyes closed, but getting him to care anything about solving for x or learning about nouns and verbs.....forget it. His organizational skills are improving. His forgetfulness is excruciating.

Our home life is starting to feeling normal. We're all well settled into our routines. And again, K and I are asking ourselves "what next" on the baby front. We have a phone consultation with our Dallas doctor this Friday. We'll see what he has to say.

I'm recovering from a horrible case of bronchitis. I've missed two days of work because of it and seriously considering taking one more day off. Sleep is the only remedy. I've slept so much over the past couple of days, I'm having a hard time finding the cool side of the pillow.

2 comments:

  1. Amy,

    Oh how I have missed you! I've thought of you a zillion times and pray for you always. You've brought so much to my life and I will always be grateful for your friendship :)

    Life does hand us transition sometimes, but its how we conquer those transitions that strengthen our character. You've transitioned beautifully and I admire your will.

    I will be praying for Friday's phone consult and wish you nothing but happiness. Your time is coming sweet friend and let nothing stand in you way.

    Much love to you always,
    Andrea
    ps feel better soon and I'm sorry you are sick. But happy this time allowed you to give your blog a face lift and come back to us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look and love hearing stories about J! I think you're an amazing 'other mother' and he's blessed to have you!! Sending love and prayers for your consultation on Friday--let me know how it goes!! Hope you feel better asap, the weekend is coming up, you need to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete